View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Edition: rmartin65, badboy, beerlover Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
If we know about Marshall Newhouse, I think it would be pretty naive of us not to believe every mushroom club member out there knows about him also. He starts out being able to handle four out of five o-line positions. Which makes him absolute gold come the final cuts. He saves roster spots.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Iupati. i believe the grabbing can be coached out of him by camp. I also believe he could handle four out of five positions...eventually. Lance just put hm at 16. We'll be very fortunate to have a shot at him. The last time I checked..SF still employs the ZBS.
You can put a square peg in a round hole, see Pitts who handled the ZBS or a version of it any way. Iupati will be a very good guard. I just don't see him or any draft pick beating our Pitts if healthy. Beerlover has a great point that free agency will give clearer insight to the draft. I'm sure you have seen he posts about signing the OG from Denver which if it happens would again reduce the need for a OG in early draft rounds.

Newhouse.. I don't agree that everyone will know or make the same eval as us. Zach Diles was a 7th rounder that starts. Looking back should we have used a 3rd? Most have him rated very low.