View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Edition: rmartin65, badboy, beerlover Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I think two years ago, both Johnson and Walton would have been excellent picks. However from my prospective..we're loaded with very capable quick guards. Three of them, they can pass block. They can run the stretch. They can get out in space and knock people in the dirt. However what they can't do, beyond doubt, is man handle NTs and elite DTs.

I just came from a thread with the pitch forks out for Kubiak. I look at the 2010 schedule and I'm scared to death. I like both of Walton and Johnson. I just hope the Houston fans are not in another Bruce Smith -Ray Childeress scenario. I don't know Iupati may go to Indianapolis and prove he has no feet. We'll see.
I am not the big Iupati fan that some are. He is a power guy that will do well in Pittsburgh for example. I don't think he converts easily to ZBS & that is why I had Asamoah in second round on an earlier mock (I had allowed others to pursuade me Gerhart will be avail at Texans pick in 3rd. Doubt that happens.) We should go either THomas FS/CB or Wilson CB @ #20. A power back in 2nd and Walton or Johnson in 3rd really moves the O to another level. I am ok with Mike Johnson and see him as a Chester Pitts type. I used to think Pitts was gone but now am thinking he will return at 31 yoa. Brown, Pitts, Myers/Walton, Briesel/Caldwell with Rashad Butler and my 5th rounder Newhouse battling it out.