View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: First Edition: rmartin65, badboy, beerlover Texans Mock

First off, excellent excellent work by you three. Best most well thought out mock I've seen. Always interesting to see where some guys are projected to fall (often times its wishful thinking)... but you really never can tell. Never thought Adibi would drop to us in the 4th rd... Winston in the 3rd?

Round 1: Bose State CB Kyle Wilson 5'10" 190
Thumbs up. If Dunta walks, starting CB is vital. I like this kid's upside as well as his ability to impact immediately. Could be the #1 CB we always wanted.

Round 2: Stanford RB Toby Gerhart, 6’1” 235
Supportive of the pick although not overly excited. Of the 'more powerful' backs, I assume Dwyer was long gone... but do yall like Gerhart over Ryan Matthews?

Round 3: Alabama LG Mike Johnson, 6'5" 306
Thumbs up. Great value with him in the 3rd round. Havn't kept up with him lately but it sounds like his stock is dropping. I think he'd be a great LG for us.

Round 4: East Carolina University DT Linval Joseph, 6'6" 322
Thumbs up. I have a feeling Joseph will be getting some interest. I think he'd be a great addition as a 4th who rotates with our other DTs throughout the season.

Round 5a: Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes, 6’ 210
Indifferent. Not familiar with Barnes. Andre and Jacoby are speedy guys. If Walter leaves, we need a possession receiver and this guy sounds like that.

Round 5b: Iowa ILB Pat Angerer, 6’ 235
Thumbs up. Another case of a value pick. I was very impressed with his play (only paid attention to him in the bowl game). Love how he plays.

Round 6: Clemson OG/C Thomas Austin, 6'3" 310
Thumbs up. I havn't watched him closely but there's been lots of talk of his ability to fit in this offense. Good value in the 6th round.

Round 7: LSU Returner Trindon Holliday, 5’5” 170 lbs
Thumbs up. I like taking a flyer on a guy like this. With drafting Holliday and Barnes, what WR's do you see leaving? Andre, Walter, Jacoby, Davis, Anderson, Martinez + Barnes, Holliday. Does Davis get cut b/c of his contract and Holliday take over KR duties? Walter leaves through FA? Martinez to the PS?

Again guys, great job. really well thought out and realistic. Takes our needs into account but also addresses value with each selection. Half the guys would make a considerable impact from Week 1.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote