View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010   #29
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102890 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In progress Awtysst Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
If you are referring to my post I would ask you to read it a bit more closely. I agree that Weatherspoon is a 3 down LB, the dilemma would be that we would then have 3 3 down LBs. So even if Weatherspoon is not the LB that comes out you are potentially turning Ryans or Cushing into a 2 down LB. A possible solution would be (as I stated) to scrap the nickel in favor of more base D. That route opens up opportunity and it opens up the potential for some bad mismatches on our end.
I wasnt refering to you specifically. Just the notion that any OLB we draft would automatically have to come out on third down making him a 2 down player. I have seen more than one person with that opinion.

As per your solution, any coach would rather have 3 ouststanding playmaker LB's on the field on third and long rather than taking out a LB and replacing him with a 3rd or 4th string CB.