View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #19
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In progress Awtysst Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I also could see Burnett in the 2nd and Joseph in the 4th.

I really want a reliable RB this year. If Taylor isn't signed my pick in the 2nd would be Mathews if he's available. I might even take Dwyer or Spiller in the 1st and take a DB in the 2nd. I really like Spievey from Iowa.

The lack of reliable RB cost this team big time last year. Although Smithiak dont usually draft RB's in the 1st rd this year could be the exception. Slaton had neck surgery 2 weeks ago so you cant count on him.

If they go RB in the 1st then look for Smithiak to pick up a DT or S in FA. Most likely a S, it seems as though Kubes likes experience at the S position.

I really like Terrell Skinner S Maryland in the 4th rd. He is a big former CB. He can play slot WR's and had a really good Sr.Bowl. He's underrated.IMO
I get why people want a reliable running back. The thing is though a rb is only as good as the oline that is in front of him. I think we have solid backs here(Slaton, Foster, Hillis-from trade, Moats, and JJ). I believe Hillis is the guy you give the ball in short distances. He is 250lbs of muscle. When you use Foster and Hillis you save the tread on Slaton's tires.

I grade rbs relatively low because of their incredibly short shelf lives. A lot of people like the flashy glory position of the RB, but given the same level of ability, give me a OG any day of the week.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote