View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In progress Awtysst Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Its all good, you didn't hijack, you started thinking, which is what this mock was supposed to illicit!

Now, remember that Rolle is more suited as a SS not a FS, so you would need to make that change to your lineup.

Also, with the possibility of a lockout in 2011, would a team really accept an additional pick? Would there be a draft? It seems too risky to me.

I would say no to Chester Taylor. Remember if the trade goes down here is who we have:
Slaton, Moats, Foster, Hillis, Brown, Henry, and Johnson. Brown will get cut and likely Henry too. So that leaves us with Steve Slaton, Ryan Moats, Arian Foster, Peyton Hillis, and last year's IR Jeremiah Johnson. Thats five potential backs right there. I figure Slaton starts, Foster is #2, and Hillis can be the change of pace/short yardage back. Moats slips back to 4 and JJ stays on the PS with an UDFA. In my opinion you have plenty of backs. For us, its all about the line, not the backs.
I also could see Burnett in the 2nd and Joseph in the 4th.

I really want a reliable RB this year. If Taylor isn't signed my pick in the 2nd would be Mathews if he's available. I might even take Dwyer or Spiller in the 1st and take a DB in the 2nd. I really like Spievey from Iowa.

The lack of reliable RB cost this team big time last year. Although Smithiak dont usually draft RB's in the 1st rd this year could be the exception. Slaton had neck surgery 2 weeks ago so you cant count on him.

If they go RB in the 1st then look for Smithiak to pick up a DT or S in FA. Most likely a S, it seems as though Kubes likes experience at the S position.

I really like Terrell Skinner S Maryland in the 4th rd. He is a big former CB. He can play slot WR's and had a really good Sr.Bowl. He's underrated.IMO

the good thing is Smithiak can trade down, get more draft choices and still draft Dwyer or Mathews.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote