View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #15
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In progress Awtysst Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans OL will look like this LT Brown LG Kuper C Myers/Asamoah RG Caldwell RT Winston.

Texans Defense will look like this

DE MW DT Houston DT AO/Cody DE A.Smith/Barwin

SLB Cush MLB DR WLB Diles

CB K. Wilson FS Wilson/Rolle SS Pollard/Barber CB Quin Nickle Reeves

Not bad defense

Add a vet RB like Chester Taylor and the RB corps would be Taylor, Slaton, Hillis, Coker (because he can KR/PR) Foster goes back to the PS. This would be the most depth the Texans have had since their inception.

Get it done Smithiak, This kind of bold move will help save your jobs.

Sorry I didn't mean to Hijack your tread Awt.
Its all good, you didn't hijack, you started thinking, which is what this mock was supposed to illicit!

Now, remember that Rolle is more suited as a SS not a FS, so you would need to make that change to your lineup.

Also, with the possibility of a lockout in 2011, would a team really accept an additional pick? Would there be a draft? It seems too risky to me.

I would say no to Chester Taylor. Remember if the trade goes down here is who we have:
Slaton, Moats, Foster, Hillis, Brown, Henry, and Johnson. Brown will get cut and likely Henry too. So that leaves us with Steve Slaton, Ryan Moats, Arian Foster, Peyton Hillis, and last year's IR Jeremiah Johnson. Thats five potential backs right there. I figure Slaton starts, Foster is #2, and Hillis can be the change of pace/short yardage back. Moats slips back to 4 and JJ stays on the PS with an UDFA. In my opinion you have plenty of backs. For us, its all about the line, not the backs.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote