Originally Posted by awtysst
So, I know I said no more mocking for me till the end of Feb, but plans changed. Also, I wanted to spread a couple of rumors going around Denver that may or may not be known in Htown.
1. The not so unknown rumor is that Josh McDaniels does not like FB/RB Peyton Hillis. Even with the problems in the running game, he rarely gave Hillis a chance. There are some people in Denver that believe that McDaniels wants to get rid of Hillis ASAP.
2. The possible unknown rumor concerns RG Chris Kuper. From what I am hearing, McDaniels is not happy with him. McDaniels sees Clady and Harris as his long term OTs and likes their work. He however does not seem thrilled with Kuper. Rumor has it that he will make a big spash and use one of his 1st's (that he will get for Marshall) to pry Mankins away from NE. He will then use Olsen at RG, Mankins at LG, and keep Hamilton at Center as a stop gap. He will then draft his center of the future in this draft (possibly Walton). What all this means is, he pretty much does not see any value in Kuper. If we offer one 5th and one 6th we may be able to get Kuper and Hillis from him. With McDaniels, anything can happen, but from what I am hearing now, Kuper and Hillis are practically on the trading block.
So, with that in mind, the Texans make the trade, one fifth and our sixth rounder for Hillis and Kuper.
I am also operating under the assumption that Daniels will be tendered, Meco gets a nice new contract, and DR accepts our offer to stick around.
Keep in mind, this is an in progress mock. I am still thinking. Next Mock will be mid to late February.
1. Sean Weatherspoon, OLB Missouri
I originally had him as a second rounder, but his performance at the Senior Bowl shot him up. While LB is certainly not a need position, I think he would be an upgrade over Diles and would bring the same type of energy to the WILL that Cush brought to the SAM. Can you imagine a LB core of Cush, Meco, and Spoon with Diles and Abibi as reserves?! Sick! He can start from camp.
2. Maurkice Pouncey- Florida C
With the trade to get Kuper, we need a Center. He can slide into the LG slot next to Brown, while Caldwell starts at RG next to Winston. The only spot left to address is Center. Pouncey will be the big tough center that can hold his own against the big 3-4 noses and is athletic enough to do the zone scheme work. He can start from camp.
3. Morgan Burnett- FS Georgia Tech
A FS with excellent hands and is a ball hawk. Not quite the ball hawk of say an Earl Thomas, but he would be an excellent compliment to Pollard. While he could be an immediate starter, he will start in week 8 and never look back.
4. Linval Joseph, DT ECU
Beer lover recommended him and I am drooling over the possibilities. He is the kind of guy that will come in and be a solid rotational DT. He won't start, but he will be a valuable rotational player.
5. Traded for Chris Kuper, OG Denver Broncos
I already detailed why Kuper will be available. Long story short: McDaniels may not like him and think he is replaceable after getting Mankins. Give him a 5th and McDaniels may pull the trigger. All we get is an immediate starter at LG who is zone ready. He can start from Day 1.
5. Rafael Priest, CB TCU
You can never get enough CBs in a division with Peyton Manning. Priest is a nice player that had 18 tackles and 6 pass deflections. Basically, teams avoided throwing at him or in his direction. I think he would make a great 5th round selection.
6. Traded for Peyton Hillis, FB Denver Broncos
Again, Hillis has been in the McDaniels dog house for some reason. Perhaps we can get him if we wait till he is cut, but I say offer a 6th and prevent Washington from getting him in FA. Would split carries with Slaton and Foster.
7. Some Kicker
I donít care who. Lawrence, Tiffin, or somebody else (cue the Simpsons reference for someone else. Bonus point if you can identify the episode and who the someone else refers to).
I suggested a trade for Kuper and Hillis in another threar. Here's my proposal.
Hiils and Kuper for a 2010 5th and Okoye or a 2011 3rd. A good trade has to hurt a little.
With this trade in mind here is my mock
Rd1 Kyle Wilson I was really impressed at Sr Bowl. He is what Dunta is supposed to be. 2nd choice Patrick Robinson
Rd2 Lamar Houston Playmaker at DT,Makes Mario and Barwin better might even help AO (I doubt it) 2nd choice Cam Thomas
Rd3 Jon Asamoah Ill. Perfect for ZBS,can play G/C he falls this far only because he has short arms 30.5 in. and was injured (minor leg injury) 2nd choice Mike Johnson.
Rd4 Myron Rolle S Fla St. Rhodes Scholar,team leader who looked like he hadn't missed a beat at the Sr Bowl. Kept in great shape by working out at 6am every day while in England Showed he can play either S spot. 2nd choice Terrell Skinner.
Rd 6 Lamarcus Coker RB Hamptom Dynamic RB in the Chris Johnson mode. Got kicked out of Tenn. (smoking pot) appears to have turned hi life around. 2nd choice Stafon Johnson
Rd 6 Brett Swenson Mich St. Best K in nation. IMO 2nd choice Z.Mesko P Mich.
Rd7 O'Brien Schofield. Would've been a 2nd or 3rd rd choice if he hadn't torn his ACL. Dynamic playmaker, if he recovers from his injury after a year on IR Smithiak will look like geniuses. 2nd choice Brandon James Fla. PR/KR