View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #14
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Umm, what did "he go through"? He went through the same process every other player went through. I seriously don't know where you're trying to go with that.

He got moved all over the OL all week. They wanted to see him in different positons.

And he went up against the top players in college (just like every other player on that field)....and got his ass handed to him. Those players aren't even on the level of players he'll be facing week in and week out in the NFL.

I also don't give a crap where he went to school, not when I'm looking for somebody who I'm going to have to spend a 1st round pick on.

I dont care where he went to school either. The point is he came from a small school so you know without a doubt he is going to need coaching on his tech.

This guy was hailed "the best guard prospect in years". If that is the case and if he's worth a 1st round pick, then we shouldn't be sitting here considering excuses about "what he had to go through this week" and "who he had to go up against", and "where he went to school", because things are only going to get more stressful at the next level and the competition is only going to get tougher there as well. We aren't thinking about drafting this guy in the 3rd round.....the excuses you just manufactured for this guy is excuses you hear about 3rd round prospects. I don't want to hear excuses when they carry a 1st round grade, if they carry that many built in excuses I'd rather spend that pick elsewhere.

There not excuses there facts. He is in fact from a small school and will need to be coached to get his mechanics up to speed. The two go hand in hand. The guy proved all week long he has the physical ability to be a special player for many years come. If you choose to use a few bad minutes of film from an allstar game over that then I dont know what to tell you.