View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: In progress Awtysst Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
i dont see us geting a olb because zac did relly well lest year and he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy underrated
Remember, when you draft you need to think LONG term not short term. Just because he is fine now, does not mean he is above getting an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I don't like OLB in the first round as it is not a position of need. I believe we would be much better off getting either a secondary or DL player in the first round with that pick. While Weatherspoon would be nice, I believe he would be a luxury pick rather than one of need.
Who would you take in the secondary? Sounds like you might reach for a player that fits a need rather than taking the BPA. Remember when we reached for Amobi when Willis and Revis were still there? We said what both of yall are saying now, "our cbs and lbs are serviceable, we need a DT."

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I think we'd be extremely luck to get Kuper and Hillis for a 5th and 6th round picks but if it happened I'd jump on it.

1. Weatherspoon, along with Cushing and Ryans would give us a sick set of LB's, probably best in the NFL, but I just don't see WLB as that big of a need. Diles isn't great but he's sufficient for now while we address bigger needs like CB, OG, RB, FS, and DT. Change this pick to Kyle Wilson and this mock is outstanding.

2. Pouncey, I love this pick, I just hope that he's still available when we pick. I think he's a high 2nd rounder and is probably gone by the time we pick at #51. I don't think there's any chance that Kubiak plays a rookie at C to make the blocking assignment calls so I think he'd play at either LG or RG for a year to learn alongside Myers and then take over the next season as starting C.

3. Burnett, Love this pick as well but again I'm not sure that he lasts this long, he could slip into the bottom of the 1st round and I think that he most likely goes in the 2nd round but with a Safety class as deep as this one it's possible he could fall. We'd be very lucky to get Burnett in the 3rd round.

4. Joseph, I don't know anything about him but as long as he has the size and motor to play he could be a rotational DT in our lineup.

5. Priest, I don't know anything about him either but your right about never having enough good CB's, I'd also consider using this spot for some added OG or SS depth.

7. A kicker for TC competition is a good idea.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote