Re: In progress Awtysst Mock
I think we'd be extremely luck to get Kuper and Hillis for a 5th and 6th round picks but if it happened I'd jump on it.
1. Weatherspoon, along with Cushing and Ryans would give us a sick set of LB's, probably best in the NFL, but I just don't see WLB as that big of a need. Diles isn't great but he's sufficient for now while we address bigger needs like CB, OG, RB, FS, and DT. Change this pick to Kyle Wilson and this mock is outstanding.
2. Pouncey, I love this pick, I just hope that he's still available when we pick. I think he's a high 2nd rounder and is probably gone by the time we pick at #51. I don't think there's any chance that Kubiak plays a rookie at C to make the blocking assignment calls so I think he'd play at either LG or RG for a year to learn alongside Myers and then take over the next season as starting C.
3. Burnett, Love this pick as well but again I'm not sure that he lasts this long, he could slip into the bottom of the 1st round and I think that he most likely goes in the 2nd round but with a Safety class as deep as this one it's possible he could fall. We'd be very lucky to get Burnett in the 3rd round.
4. Joseph, I don't know anything about him but as long as he has the size and motor to play he could be a rotational DT in our lineup.
5. Priest, I don't know anything about him either but your right about never having enough good CB's, I'd also consider using this spot for some added OG or SS depth.
7. A kicker for TC competition is a good idea.