View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #11
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
The Dolphins coaching staff experiemented using Iupati @ multiple positions to test out his mobility in space since he does have a tackles frame, in context of the game he looked real bad but in terms of exposing strength & weakness it reinforced his NFL position, at least now as a LG only. I saw some of his faults inside too during practice, not natural knee bender, too upright, needs to move his feet to reset position etc, etc, but with a good NFL line coach because of his athletic ability can be corrected. So I think they did more harm to Iupati's draft stock & more good for NFL teams who where thinking along the same lines.

It's been a down year for Steelers consider they just won the Super Bowl last year & are now picking ahead of the Texans. Tomlin has changed OL coaches bringing in ex Buffalo Sean Kugler, fundamentalist, rock solid schematically & coaches players to finish, perfect match for Iupati's raw tools. Mike also passes the eye test, would look even more formidable in Pittsburgh yellow & black (not the same as Texans Steel Blue). They should have matched Alan Faneca F/A contract, since they drafted him in first rd. (27th) 1998 but they didn't, went over to the Jets & really helped that line improve while a big hole still exists in Pittsburgh. If the Steelers don't select him the next team might just be the Green Bay Packers, selecting #23. maybe they flip picks, Bulaga would look great in Pittsburgh yellow & black as well since everytime I watch Iowa play I think of the Pittsburgh Steelers, oh well, its early & just another mock draft.
I ahve been thinking that Pitt is a good landing spot for Iupati also. If Thomas or someone else we really like falls to Pitt and they really want Iupati maybe there is a trade up scenerio for us.