Thread: Can you imagine
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can you imagine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I would rather have Patrick Robinson. Dude has skills.
Yea, he does. He had a good senior bowl. The thing about Patrick Robinson is that he played 80% man coverage at FSU. It's hard to get picks when you are the ONLY guy defending a receiver over the middle or deep down the sidelines. Robinson would be covering a top receiver with no safety help on a regular basis in every game of the past 2 years. He was left on an island more than any guy I have seen in college football the past 2 years. As a result, he is well seasoned in man coverage but probably needs more experience in zone. The guy can seriously cover people man to man, and is a willing tackler. If we feel we have a huge need at corner, I wouldn't be unhappy with Patrick Robinson.

But is our need at corner more than our need at FS? At corner we have Quin who really is a #2 at this point, but he is young. Reeves is a solid #3 and depending on how well he is tackling can be a solid #2. McCain is a nice #4 guy. Bennett and Molden can duke it out for #5. We do need a #1 corner, but we have young guys at the position still growing. Look at FS, we've never had a promising FS. If Thomas is there, I am taking him over any corner in the draft outside of Joe Haden. However, we will have to address corner somehow if we don't resign Dunta. I wouldn't be opposed to using the top 2 draft picks on the secondary.

Anybody see Lindley play today? He looked really bad.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote