Thread: Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't think McNair wants to run his organization like either one! He's already stated a number of times before he wants an organization like the Steelers. What that means is they don't go wild throwing big at FA's all over the place. He's been there with CC. They want to build slowly through the Draft and pick a FA here and there that they think will help the team until they find somebody in future Drafts that can fill that spot. They may miss with the FA's they do pick (A Weaver, A Green, C Brown come to mind), but they are just stop gaps until we find another FA or a Draft pick to take their place. Yes it's slow and frustrating at times, but I think we're almost there!
We'll see if McNairs philosophy will work. It has been a great success financially.

But as far as winning and a great thing for the fans= Fail

This will be the year that will tell you if McNairs committed to winning. Because they are going to have to fill 5 gigantic holes if they want to make the playoffs. I cant see filling more than 3 or 4 tops in the draft.

Smithiak needs a vet on the OL,DL and maybe in the secondary. even though the FA DB's this year stink.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote