Thread: Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010   #22
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Bob McNair financial isuues? LOL

I'm willing to take that chance to finally improve the OL.

Couldn't the Jets for example say that signing B.Scott could hurt their s future contract negotiations with David Harris. Or signing Leonhard could hurt them in re-signing Former all-pro K.Rhodes?

Every team is in this situation.

It's all about committment.

Does McNair wanto step up to the plate like Woody Johnson and the Jets?

Or does he wanto run his organization like Mike Brown and the Bengals?

Only time will tell.
I don't think McNair wants to run his organization like either one! He's already stated a number of times before he wants an organization like the Steelers. What that means is they don't go wild throwing big at FA's all over the place. He's been there with CC. They want to build slowly through the Draft and pick a FA here and there that they think will help the team until they find somebody in future Drafts that can fill that spot. They may miss with the FA's they do pick (A Weaver, A Green, C Brown come to mind), but they are just stop gaps until we find another FA or a Draft pick to take their place. Yes it's slow and frustrating at times, but I think we're almost there!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote