View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010   #20
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm waiting until after the SR bowl to do a complete mock but here's 5 rds. I'll give a choice and a 2nd choice. This is after watching the practices.

Rd 1 D.Williams,Dwyer, ( Iupati, Thomas and Spiller are gone)
Rd 2 K.Wilson, B.Ghee (These are 2 possible no.1 CB's in draft, they fall because draft is loaded at CB)
Rd 3 J.Asamoah,M.Johnson (Asamoah falls because of injury and short arms.) He is a big strong mobile guy, He or Johnson should be here and would be a great pick.
Rd 4 Chris Cook, M.Rolle (Cook is a big athletic CB who has looked good this week playing S.) He can cover the slot WR. Rolle a Rhodes Scholar would be a Smithiak kind of guy
Rd5 Stafon Johnson, L.Coker (Goal line RB at USC has good hands and is good at pass pro. Wouldn't be here except for weight lifting accident, Coker, think Chris Johnson)
Rd 5 Carrington,Newhouse (Has been a revelation this week powerful yet quick at 280lbs he can play DE or drop down to DT in pass rush situations. Newhouse big guy who can move 3 yr starter and team leader)

These are just some observations, let me know if I'm right on evals and what rds these guys go in.
1st RD - It's a tad early for Williams, but really the only place we can grab him. Dwyer could be had later if we traded back.

2nd RD - Dont' see us being able to get Wilson or Ghee. By our pick they will be gone.

3rd RD - Mike Johnson will be gone way before our pick in the 3rd.

4th RD - After the Senior Bowl I seriously doubt Rolle gets out of the 3rd round.

5th RD - Carrington has had a good Senior Bowl and he should be available in our pick area. His game is very similar to A. Smith's though.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote