View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010   #90
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Two thing I have to say about this post -

1) Quin was arguably our 2nd best Corner - Unless the position is significantly upgraded he likely stays there.

2) OG - With Brisiel and Pitts both injured and Pitts contract expired (and the weakness at the C spot) I think overlooking the OG spot is a HUGE mistake. There are only a few players I pass on Mike Iupati for in this draft. Dez Bryant , Joe Haden , C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are on that short list - very few if any are likely to be there when the Texans pick.
This is what I've been thinking also. and I agree with all of your points.

Didn't it strike any one as pretty ironic that their rushing attack didn't get rolling until they hit two teams A. New England, who was resting players or B. Miami,who had players severely dinged up ? Once Crowder went out of the Miami game....our guards started to roll. In other words.....our rushing attack improved exponentially as the talent level on defense lowered to the lowest common denominator. All three of the quick guards are fine.....they all can pass protect and knock peoples pee pee in the dirt when the get off their combo blocks and reach the second level. The problem is covering for Myers. And I believe just judging what Kubes has done in the past, Myers isn't going anywhere. therefore....you raise the talent level at guard to raise the level of the entire o-line.

I'm with Old Miss on trading Picks....but if you want Iupati....and a rushing attack in '10 probably going to have to be bold and move up. Course I also said that Winston would never make it into the third round so you never know. You can always go with the hope, pick the OLT from TCU, Marshal Newhouse in the third or forth kick him inside, (or one of Beerlover's prospects in the second), and hope it works out.

And we still haven't seen Iupati in the combine drills. I guessing he's going to blow the socks off everyone at Indy. Probably do a deal with Cleveland or Seattle pretty dog gone cheap. Both clubs are like the Texans were four years ago.....desperate for talent. And should be well motivated to make a move down....cheap. They both need mass quantities of warm bodies to get out of the NFL bottomless pit. And we don't. Exactly how many roster spots will be open by April 24th for the Texans ? If Iupati keeps Mr. Manning on the pine....and we can dominate the other two division foes...make a 4-2 division record ....anything is possible. What we know for a fact after sixteen tries.....getting to Manning is pretty dog gone tough. I think the most important part of that equation, beating the Colts and dominating the division, is providing actual holes the RBs can one cut into. And that means, to me, getting some girth next to Myers. As close as we are why wouldn't you aggressively go after the best girth you can get your hands on ?

Last edited by threetoedpete; 01-28-2010 at 01:42 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote