View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WalterFootball 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
We don't need to take another boom or bust DT in the 1st. Johnson was an absolute bust. He played decent in his last year, but we ended up basically trading the #16 pick for a 6th round pick. As for Okoye, he got drafted in the top 10 because of his age not his ability. He was a borderline 1st round talent, but because he was so young he went in the top 10. I don't like taking DT's in the 1st because many of them bust.

We don't need an elite DT. We just need 4 good ones. Okoye and Cody are decent players and Robinson is serviceable. We should just add a DT in the 3rd-5th range and be done with it. We did fine stopping the run last year without an elite DT.
It might be that they, the Texans picked the position I was banging for the last couple of drafts, but my knee jerk is our scouts have done a pretty good job. If Walter's has inside info....and I didn't watch a lot of UCLA football so I don't know.... but my knee jerk is there is no one on this board who is going to get to Mr. Manning any quicker, any faster, than what they already have on the roster. And as far as Brian Price, Carrigington, C.J. Willson, or Ordick are concerned, they are all good rotation guys and would make us better. But unless a one year lame duck coach knows something we all don't, Kubiak will be drafting to save his contract. Mr. McClain keeps putting it out there that we're taking a skinny quick DT...so it's coming from somewhere. Looks like coach smoke to me to get to Iupati.