Thread: Thoughts
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I believe if there is a work stoppage there wont be a draft in 2011. If there is a work stoppage after the draft the owners could choose to not sign draft picks until a new labor agreement is reached. This could be another senario.
Q & A from Schefter.

Quote:
Q: Adam, With all the talk about the possible 2011 lockout, I haven't heard anything about the draft of that year. Would there still be a draft in 2011 if there is no labor agreement? I can't see how you skip a draft (and thus double up the next year in talent), but how can you have a draft when you don't know if the rookie wage scales will change -- will nobody sign a contract? -- Darren (Pittsburgh, Penn.)

A: Darren, believe it or not, there would be a draft in 2011, whether or not there is football. It's part of the current collective bargaining agreement, even after its expiration, that there will be a draft in 2011. A league official confirmed that for me and for you and for all the mailbag readers. So even if the games do not go on, the draft will. Thankfully (I LOVE the draft).
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...dschefter_adam

Also, I don't think this season's FA is going to be as good as what y'all are expecting. From the sounds of it, it actually might be boring as heck.