View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010   #50
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Would be extremely disappointed if we took a DT in the first this year. Will Price be effective from the first snap he takes? Really hard to tell with DTs.

I think it's a high risk pick and we're in a position next year where we are facing a brutal schedule on paper and we're going to need someone to make a hands down immediate impact with our first rounder.

I like the trade idea proposal here. Except I feel unless Gerhart blows it up in the combine and pro day he'll be there in the second when our next pick comes up. I however, feel like Iupati wouldn't be there so he'd be my first round pick. Set him at one of the guards, get a push for our OL, we'd have a strong backfield of Slaton, Gerhart and Foster. Who knows maybe Jeremiah Johnson will be back healthy and make a case for himself at the third spot.

I'd throw money at Casey Hampton in FA and/or just look for a big body later in the draft. If only this staff could figure out how to get a fire under Okam.
Hampton being a ex-longhorn might be able to light that fire under Okam.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote