View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Hind sight is 20/20: RUNNINGBACKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Dang!!!! I was off on that guy. I guess I saw the size and speed and thought he could play. Guess I was wrong.

BTW, given all the "bust" seasons that these running backs had, shouldn't Smithiak get some credit for not drafting these guys? They catch alot of flack for not drafting these guys because RB was an area of need and we came out with absolutely zero. Instead we signed an undrafed free agent in Arian Foster who produced as much or more than some of the other guys not named Beanie Wells, and Knowshawn Moreno.

BTW2, for my money give me Anthony Dixon, Charles Scott, and LeGarrette Blount.
I remember right after the draft, many people were upset that we didn't draft a RB in 2009. But right after the draft, Smithiak picked up Foster & Jeremiah Johnson.

Then, the general consensus was that Smithiak did well, getting RBs undrafted of comparable quality to guys drafted in the second round.

I believe the biggest gripe concerning RBs, is that he's too conservative, when it comes to playing time. Most people feel Foster should have been given snaps earlier in the season.

At the same time, we understand how important the games became after our 5-3 start.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I can understand why Kubiak would be cautious to stick a rookie in the game with the all-important divisional gauntlet we were subject to. But once you tell yourself that Kris Brown is our best option... how hard is it to get the kid one snap or two.