View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Donovan Warren - CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Michigan was starting a walk-on at FS last year so their CB's usually played 10-12 yards off the ball because they played deep zone to make up for it. Warren actually played the deep zone in Cover 2 even though he lined up at CB. This was to make up for the lack of speed (and talent) that the walk-on was lacking.

They would line up in a weird looking formation where Warren would be to the short side of the field and would be 12 yds off his guy. He would have the deep zone to that side of the field. The safety to his side would be walked down to about 8 yds and had the short zone to that side. On the other side the other CB would be walked up 2-4 yds off the WR and would play the short zone over there while the other safety was deep and would play deep zone to that side.

They were forced to do this because of the lack of talent on their defense this year.

In effect, Warren played half the season at CB and half of it lined up at CB, but playing safety. He was still an all-conference selection. He was a 3 year starter and has legit pro potential. I have him as my #2 CB in the draft behind Haden and if we want him we need to take him at #20 because he won't last long after that.
I agree but do not see Cb in first unless it was Haden. Warren will be gone imo before our second. I have been pushing Kyle Wilson in 3rd but agree with Beerlover that he needs to be our 2nd round if we want him. I like Kyle Wilson better than Warren.