Thread: 2010 Mock Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I've been saying this for months now. Thomas could play CB in the NFL but I would prefer to use him as a FS/nickel type guy.

He has more experience in man than zone coverage in Texas' defensive system anyway.

He is a FS with better coverage skills than most of the CBs in this class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Thomas would be great, but if is already the #2 safety plus a top 3 CB wouldn't that help improve his stock not hurt it? Just saying its a higher value which means more money, hence higher draft slot. sometimes I don't know if its just me or these guys who fail to fairly value prospects
I havn't watched him enough to comment on the play but tend to agree with both of you. A safety that is able to come up on the line of scrimmage and cover a WR INCREASES his value. I would love our S duo of Thomas and Pollard. Having a safety that can come up and play man on a wr does wonders for your defense from a personnel standpoint and mixing up coverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If I've heard all the good things about Thomas but one thing worries me. His age. He's coming out as a soph... Amobi Okoye has me leary of taking young guys. Especially at a position that requires so much thinking like FS does. If we already had a quality defense where he could come in and learn with other guys around him to hide his rookie mistakes, then maybe.... but we don't.
Thomas is a redshirt sophomore, so he is 3 years removed from high school. Amobi was 19 going into the draft, Thomas is 20 (will turn 21 in may). He's got 3 years of being on the Texas football team. I'll agree with you if you mean another year of starting at FS would do him good, but it's not enough for me to pass on him.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote