View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010   #35
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58359 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlovers Early Texans 2010 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I have to agree with Beerlover on Mike Johnson. I watched him at least two games & I think he will do pretty well. Seems a bit stiff but that may be due to his size. I, too was concerned at first about his blocking skills on passing plays but that too is alleviated. I'm more concerned than BL how he will adjust to ZBs, but going straight ahead, he is a mauler like Iupati. I have him rated behind Asamoah and also Mitch Petrus 6'3" 315 5.09 from Arkansas.
You must not of read all my post on him.

Your discription of him is pretty much exactly what I have said. From one of my earlier post.

It wouldnt surprise me if we drafted him either. He is a mirror image of Caldwell when he was at Bama. After rereading my previous post let me clarify something. When talking about getting to the second level I was refering to him when he pulled and was in open space. Thats when he looks lost to me. He is pretty good at getting to the second level in the box.

I rate him a little higher than I did Caldwell coming out simply because he is a better run blocker. I say a late third at best which is where we will be so we'll see.

As far as him adjusting to a ZB scheme, shouldnt be a problem considering Alabama runs a zone blocking scheme.