Thread: 2010 Mock Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't know. The CB position doesn't worry me as much as the FS, NT, C/G, or RB positions.

If we're going to draft this guy (assuming we keep Dunta), then that means we're probably moving Glover Quinn over to FS. Glover had a good year as a CB and I don't see him moving over to a position where he'd be undersized although several people see him making that move.

Personally, I think our coaches are going to be fine with our defensive backs. I don't think they share our concern about the FS with Wilson and Barber stepping up before his injury. I think they like Robinson, Quinn, McCain, and Reeves at corner.
I don't agree that Earl Thomas is an NFL CB, he looks like a FS to me all the way.

Not related to the OP, but to your post Pencil Neck. In this league you need 3 or 4 corners who can really play to stop the top offenses. Having a 1st or 2nd rounder plus Reeves, Quin, and McCain would be a good young crew of CBs. I don't think it's overkill at all to think we need that many guys who can cover. Teams like the Saints and the Colts (superbowl bound teams) force you to prove that you can cover 4 deep. Look what happened to the Jets yesterday. The Colts basically said, "ok Revis can cover, but what can your other corners do?", and they picked on those guys ALL game. They had Collie and Garcon killing Sheppard and Lowery.

I look at our corners now and I am uneasy. Even with Dunta. We've got Dunta, Quin, Reeves, McCain, and Molden. Bennett is done with this team IMO, he may stay on the roster but I don't think Frank Bush trusts him. I think we need to address replacing Dunta with a draft pick between the 1st and 3rd round. If we started a more mature Quin, Reeves and had a capable rookie playing the nickel I would feel better than what we had this past year.

Having alot of guys who can cover in your secondary opens up your defense to a ton of packages/blitzes/coverages that you simply can't run without.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote