View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rmartin65's January Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
That would be good. If Thomas and Iupati are gone I wouldn't be shocked to see Smithiak draft Dwyer in the 1st.

Gerhart should run 4.6/4.65. Good catch on how he carries the ball and potential fumbling problems.

The fumbling problems scare me after watching the Texans RB's turn the ball over repeatedly last year. I've dropped Gerhart down to the 3rd or 4th rd because of them.
I was thinking exactly those numbers when I asked the question .... If thats what he runs I think he may fall to the mid to late 3rd.

The backs turning the ball over , especially in the redzone are the biggest reason why this team is not in the playoffs. Adding another back who will potentially put the ball on the turf often isnt my idea of job security for Kubiak. If he expects to be here beyond next season this team has to make a playoff appearance. Turnovers are the biggest single reason teams lose games.

If the Texans do draft Gerhart I hope they work with him on keeping the ball in contact with his body at all times. Other than that I think he is exactly the type of back this team needs to take the next step.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote