View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010   #10
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95075 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hind sight is 20/20: RUNNINGBACKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Speaking of Blount.... how would you feel if Smithiak passed on the top 6, addressing other needs early in the draft, then take Blount later in the draft?

Not saying that it is likely we'll go after a "character" guy.. but what if?
Actually I could live with that. Blounts stock obviously took a hit this year with the pucnching incident. He made a mistake for sure but he is just a kid and seems to have learned from the mistake. If he truly has then some team is going to get good value from him in the later rounds. I would love for it to be us.

How about something like this

1. Mike Iupati, G, Idah
10 year starter and someone to run behind in short yardage situations.

2. Chad Jones S 6'3" 218 LSU
A Pollard clone with better cover skills. Now we have 2 safeties that will knock the piss out you. Yeh throw it over the middle Peyton, please!

3. Maurkice Pouncey* C 6'5" 312 Florida
Could probably start right away and be an upgrade at LG and eventually take over for Myers in the middle.

4. Kyle Wilson CB 5'10" 190 Boise State
Solid return man and cover corner who likes to hit. Isnt big enough to knock the piss out of you but hits hard enough to knock a drop or two out.

5. LeGarrette Blount SR 6-2/240/- Oregon
If maturity level checks out this is a way better value here than Gerhart in the second or third. "Think of him like a mini Brandon Jacobs with more speed"-Mike Mayock

5. Boo Robinson DT 6'2" 326 Wake Forest
Another DT for the rotation.

6. Javarris James Running Back University of Miami
Looked like a solid ZB RB in the Shrine practices.

Watch these videos with an open mind of Blount and Gerhart and tell me what the big difference is talent wise. I dont see much difference.

Side note: Who ever made the Toby highlight needs to be kicked in the balls for showing the same highlight over and over from every angle ever concieved. Man that irritates the sheet out of me.

Last edited by mussop; 01-24-2010 at 01:51 PM.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote