View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010   #28
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlovers Early Texans 2010 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
This is not Madden! No body does that in real life, nobody. There are only so many roster spots and you have to make sure you have quality depth at your backup spots in case of injuries.
For the record mussop, i'm 52 yrs old. I do not play Madden.

We can disagree about drafting a player and what direction we think is best for Texans, no problem at all. Thats the fun and educational part of participating in these discussions.

I agree with you that a team should not draft a player just for those short yardage situations only. The guy should be also a legit rotation guy also. I did not mean for my comments to suggest otherwise.

As for teams having a jumbo type of short yardage plan, many teams have used DT's in place of TE's. I recall TB using Sapp. The Bears used "Refrigerator" Perry as a back. Many more examples can be found. I don't know about Madden, but teams have used jumbo packages for as long as I can remember. I just think the Texans could use some help with their jumbo package.