View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010   #24
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlovers Early Texans 2010 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Spiller is an impact player regardless if he lasts this far. It's a best case scenero, unless Earl Thomas is on the board who I also would love Texans to draft. Just a random pull of GBN's 'Big Board' C. J. Spiller is rated #20 while Thomas is #16 which when I did my 1st rd. mock a couple weeks ago is excatly where I had both players going (Thomas to 49'ers #16, Spiller to Texans #20) so at least I'm consistent.

I was intially cold on Mike Johnson he get's so much exposure for an offensive guard, but when I looked at tape he blew me away. He is an elite pulling guard, always downfield impaling would be tacklers. Since Alabama does not pass the ball that much I just figured he lacked pass blocking skills, again not the case. Decent anchor & hand punch to stiffle bull rush & athletic enough to use footwork to reposition on spin moves.

Dixon stocks rising, fast. He would be the Texans power-back in short yardage & appropiate pick in 3rd given Texans lack of power running game. If he is off the board (likely) I have no problem taking a power back later, then maybe getting a CB or FS here where the last good ones are still available.

Joseph is a beast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk

We're at least on the same page

I'm pretty sure the Texan will draft a cover LB somewhere, Im just hoping its not any earlier than this, its a deep group.

Long snapper is a dire need, its always in flux & when Owen went down Dreessen stepped up but it was too much with all the starting reps @ TE. I wouldn't mind I guess if they went TE in the 7th, kept Pittman for long snapping duties, really liked what I saw today in Shrine from a solid TE group Pitta, BYU (gone) Nathan Overbay, E. Washington, 6-5 270 like an extra LT with good hands. In the final cut went with a top tier Long Snapper because I want to see drastic improvement in special teams & continue Dreessen reps @ TE.
I know you like Spiller here, and I am actually warming up to the idea of an offensive weapon. Providing, of course, Thomas or another elite prospect are still available.

Yeah, Johnson is a polarizing player. And it is hard to scout guards. I currently have Johnson as the 3rd best guard after Iupati and Asamoah.

If we are looking for a power back, I would wait a round and take Joique Bell or Charles Scott. I really dislike Dixon for some reason.

Edds is my favorite cover backer, but not great value for the Texans in the 3rd. So waiting this long is a good idea, and you used all the right adjectives to get us interested in this player.

Dont get me wrong, I am not saying Long Snapping is not important. I just think we can get this guy as a UDFA.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote