Thread: 2010 Mock Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I don't know. The CB position doesn't worry me as much as the FS, NT, C/G, or RB positions.

If we're going to draft this guy (assuming we keep Dunta), then that means we're probably moving Glover Quinn over to FS. Glover had a good year as a CB and I don't see him moving over to a position where he'd be undersized although several people see him making that move.

Personally, I think our coaches are going to be fine with our defensive backs. I don't think they share our concern about the FS with Wilson and Barber stepping up before his injury. I think they like Robinson, Quinn, McCain, and Reeves at corner.
Maybe they are fine with the cbs but free safety I don't know. Wilson can't stay healthy so he really needs to be a backup. He is pretty good though. The Texans have neglected the free safety spot their entire existence. I think our highest pick used on a safety was Glen Earl. And lets not forget CC Brown. Man that guy stunk it up for the Giants this year.

I just think that if the Texans could finally get a top tier free safety this year it would change the entire defense and allow Bush to be a little more creative. You shore up 2 positions when you have a really good free safety because cbs can play more agressive knowing they have help over the top. Not complaining about Bush though because he did an amazing job with what he had. We have 8 picks this year. I would let Bush have 4 of them. The other 4 I would spend on 3 ol and 1 rb.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote