View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010   #22
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlovers Early Texans 2010 Mock

Beerlover--I absolutely agree that improving the rushing attack should be priority one this offseason. A better rushing attack means more TOP and we all know that the best defense is the defense that sets on the bench.

I like your approach. C J Spiller reminds me of a bigger Eric Metcalf. If he falls to 20, he is an immediate impact player. Usually, I'm against taking RB's in first round unless a team is very close and needs that extra umph to push them over the top. The Texans are very close IMO and the pick is warranted.

Adding Dixon as a power back puts the whole team on notice that the rushing attack is now longer a compliment to the passing game but a real threat.

The only critique I would offer is to suggest maybe an additional O-line prospect in round 6. Maybe somebody who can be inserted in short yardage jumbo type situations. A mauler, not a finese blocker.

The two most glarring needs for the Texans---consistent rushing attack with improved red zone and short yardage conversion ability and special teams improvement kicking and returning, can be solved with your draft.

I really like this approach and if the draft fell this way, not just playoffs, deep in the playoffs.