View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010   #49
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
That phylosophy is well documented and sound but unfortunaltely our coaching staff doesnt follow it so you are preaching to the choir as they say. Its kind of like the safety position where usually there is a strong safety that is more of a runs support guy and isnt generally as good in coverage and then there is a free safety that is just the opposite. Our coaching staff dont use that phylosophy either. They want their safeties to be interchangeable.
I think, with Bush, that philosophy is changing.

We saw more of Dunta being put on the opponents best receiver instead of just playing a side like in pre-Bush days. We saw more of a SS/FS duty split with Pollard playing up in the box and Wilson/Barber/whoever playing more of a FS role. I even think with the drafting of Okam, we saw the possibility of that space-eating NT to clear the way for Amobi/Whoever playing DT.

So, while I would have agreed with you last year, I think they're changing a bit.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote