Originally Posted by rmartin65
1) Spiller is a decent pick here, and would give the Texans a dangerous weapon. However, I worry about his inside running, and the ability to get that one yard at the goal line. I could live with the pick.
2) Good call going OL in the second, I like this pick.
3) I am not a Dixon fan. I dont know what it is, but he does not impress me. I like the idea of going for a power back, but I dont think Dixon is our guy.
4) Good pick!
5) I like Rolle here, although I have him falling more than you do.
5) Same as with 5, I have him falling one more round.
6) I honestly dont know much about this guy. I like the idea of going to the LB corps late. If he is that much of a workout guy, awesome!
7) A LS? Eh, its a 7th rounder. I wont get up in arms about it, but I think we could get depth somewhere and grab this guy as a UDFA.
Spiller is an impact player regardless if he lasts this far. It's a best case scenero, unless Earl Thomas is on the board who I also would love Texans to draft. Just a random pull of GBN's 'Big Board' C. J. Spiller is rated #20 while Thomas is #16 which when I did my 1st rd. mock a couple weeks ago is excatly where I had both players going (Thomas to 49'ers #16, Spiller to Texans #20) so at least I'm consistent.
I was intially cold on Mike Johnson he get's so much exposure for an offensive guard, but when I looked at tape he blew me away. He is an elite pulling guard, always downfield impaling would be tacklers. Since Alabama does not pass the ball that much I just figured he lacked pass blocking skills, again not the case. Decent anchor & hand punch to stiffle bull rush & athletic enough to use footwork to reposition on spin moves.
Dixon stocks rising, fast. He would be the Texans power-back in short yardage & appropiate pick in 3rd given Texans lack of power running game. If he is off the board (likely) I have no problem taking a power back later, then maybe getting a CB or FS here where the last good ones are still available.
Joseph is a beast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu9sFXqtPUk
We're at least on the same page
I'm pretty sure the Texan will draft a cover LB somewhere, Im just hoping its not any earlier than this, its a deep group.
Long snapper is a dire need, its always in flux & when Owen went down Dreessen stepped up but it was too much with all the starting reps @ TE. I wouldn't mind I guess if they went TE in the 7th, kept Pittman for long snapping duties, really liked what I saw today in Shrine from a solid TE group Pitta, BYU (gone) Nathan Overbay, E. Washington, 6-5 270 like an extra LT with good hands. In the final cut went with a top tier Long Snapper because I want to see drastic improvement in special teams & continue Dreessen reps @ TE.