Originally Posted by Wolf6151
1. Iupati, I'm warming to this pick in the 1st round though not totally sold on it yet as the best value pick. I think this pick stands a better chance of happening now that we've changed OC/O-line coaches. I think Dennison will be better for our O-line than Gibbs was.
2. Gerhart, I think picking him here is over valuing him and that if you want a RB there are others that are better suited for us.
3. Walton, there's alot of good players to be had here and Walton is one of them. I don't think he'd play much, if at all since Kubiak is in love with Myers, his rookie year but he'd be a good building block for the future. He'd probably start in his 2nd season after Kubiak gets fired a year from now.
4. Jackson, I don't know much about this guy but by your description he's a #2 CB and we're loaded with #2 CB's. I just don't see that he would add anything here, he'd get lost on the depth chart. We need talent at the top. I'd move Rolle up to here, a better chance of getting him, great depth behind Pollard and should be great on special teams.
5. Angerer, I don't know anything about this guy but LB isn't a need position. I'd pick a different position of need like DT, FS, OG etc...
5. Rolle, good player, good pick but doubtful that he's available here. I think he stands a decent chance of going in the late 3rd round.
6. Tiffin, I like this pick alot, good competition for Brown in camp.
7. Fletcher, I don't know anything about this guy and 7th round picks stand little chance of making anyone team, thus the reason I'd take a P here. At least a P would make the team and not be a waste of a pick.
Iupati is a good player, well worth our pick.
I respectfully diagree with you about Gerhart. I think that he is a perfect fit for this offense.
I wanted to grab a DB here. I figured by adding yet another CB/FS, we would get depth at two positions. A true lock down corner is a first round pick, wont get one much later than that.
LB is an area of need when you look at the depth. Behind DeMeco we have... Bentley. Angerer will provide better depth. Again, this late in the draft you wont find starting material players (most likely. It happens, but one should not plan on it.).
I hate drafting punters and kickers when a team already has a decent one. It is not like those positions take alot of adapting at the pro level. Turk is going to be back for one more year, we will take one in the 2011 draft. Or better yet, pick one up in FA. Fletcher is a special teams and depth player. 3rd string DE, 3rd string DT, and on the coverage unit (FG and Punt).