Originally Posted by beerlover
My #1 concern is, has been Texans run game so I address it big time. Use the current roster to build depth/expereince between Slaton & Foster. Next address interior OL with impact immediate starter @ LG. This should faciltate moving Bama ex-teammate Caldwell to Center as Brisel returns to RG. Dixon is the thunder to the lightening, a smash mouth between the tackles short yardage specialist, with ability to hurt teams 2nd level. After fixing running game & OL move over to the defensive trenches introducing sleeper DT Joseph (more productive than Dan Willams) who can get after QB's & penetrate spaces Texans have been unable to in past. Did not throw a CB in mix because I think the Texans and Dunta Robinson will come to their collective senses, but I did add Safety Rolle & OLB Kristick who can both cover & lay wood. Finally Special Teams..... Breath.....It's too important to overlook anymore, the cost immeasureable as in losses, missing playoffs & getting coaches axed.
1. C. J. Spiller, RB 5-11 195 Clemson
pro comp: Felix Jones - Explosive burst/change of direction, durable, academic all-american, 2nd team Walter Camp.
2. Mike Johnson, OG 6-5 305 Alabama
pro-comp: Justin Smiley - Athletic, great footwork for ZBS moves freely 2nd level locating assignments, First Team All-American.
3. Anthony Dixon, RB 6-1 235 Mississippi State
pro-comp: Kevan Barlow - Power one-cut downhill style, compilments C.J. has tools to effective blocker, needs work.
4. Linval Joseph, DT 6-6 320 ECU
pro-comp: Marcus Stroud -Dominant interior DT who can penetrates gap or just bull rush over/through blocker. Should have a dominant combine matching up with elite tackles in class.
5. Myron Rolle, S 6-2 222 FSU
pro-comp: Tank Williams - Rhodes Scholar, needless to say possess multiple intangibles also a pretty good safety to throw into Texans depth chart.
5. Leigh Tiffin, K 6-2 212 Alabama
pro-comp: Stephen Gostkowski - First Team All-American. Accountability Kubiak, please. Let's make Travis Johnson pick mean something like winning close games.
6. Keaton Kristick, OLB 6-3-230 Oregon Sate
pro-comp: Thomas Davis - Physcial player, high effort/motor, will out-work Cushing if possible making fearsome tandem on other side. First Team All PAC-10.
7. Clint Gresham, LS 6-3 225 TCU Horned Frogs
pro-comp: better than Pittman - Rated #1 Long snapper in nation. Special Teams is no joke it cost Texans big time. Invited to combine.
1) Spiller is a decent pick here, and would give the Texans a dangerous weapon. However, I worry about his inside running, and the ability to get that one yard at the goal line. I could live with the pick.
2) Good call going OL in the second, I like this pick.
3) I am not a Dixon fan. I dont know what it is, but he does not impress me. I like the idea of going for a power back, but I dont think Dixon is our guy.
4) Good pick!
5) I like Rolle here, although I have him falling more than you do.
5) Same as with 5, I have him falling one more round.
6) I honestly dont know much about this guy. I like the idea of going to the LB corps late. If he is that much of a workout guy, awesome!
7) A LS? Eh, its a 7th rounder. I wont get up in arms about it, but I think we could get depth somewhere and grab this guy as a UDFA.