View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010   #2
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117377 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan4Ever's Texans Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I can't wait untill the official NFL Draft so I went ahead and posted my mock for the Houston Texans.

1.) Earl Thomas, S

We need someone who can cover as a safety next to Bernard Pollard so Earl Thomas makes all the sense in the world. He is a ball hawk who runs a 4.45 forty time and recorded 8 INTs and 77 tackles last season.

2.) Zane Beadles, OT/OG

We need to upgrade the interior offensive line and Beadles would be the perfect option for the Texans. Playing for Utah, he is a powerful yet nimble linemen who can play either guard or tackle.

3.) Maurkice Pouncey, C

Who doesn't want a 6'5" 310-lbs center protecting there quarterback? After watching Myers get bit&h slapped by Kris Jenkins I think its time for an upgrade here.

4.) Donovan Warren, CB

Hails from Michigan which has produced CBs like Charles Woodson and Leon Hall. Should have stayed at school for one more year, but with coaching and time I think he will showcase his talent well. Hits hard as hell so thats always a plus.

5.) Kade Weston, DT

Weston is a 325-lbs beast who can get after the quarterback and disrupt the passing game. He can clog up the middle and allow Amobi Okoye to shoot the gaps.

6.) Ryan Matthews, RB

This may be a bit low for Matthews but he had only one solid season as a running back and I am hoping his draft stock slips so we can grab him. He is quick but he has the bulk needed in order to be an effective power back.

6.) Zoltan Mesko, P

Excellent punter who should give Matt Turk some competition during practice and might even start over him.

7.) Aaron Pettrey, K

Good solid kicker who has performed well during games but needs more coaching and should provided competition against Kris Brown.
Good work but I cant imagine Mathews lasting past the early third round.