View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rmartin65's January Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Agree with most of your picks, although I would probably target a DB rather than 3 offensive "Day 1" picks.

I'll be really surprised if Rolle falls that far. I know he took a year off and that surely has an effect, but I don't think the Clarett comparison was an accurate one. There are no character issues with Rolle whatsoever -- dude was a Rhodes Scholar for crying out loud. He's a "good risk." Teams are usually willing to go a little farther out on a limb for these types of guys. To put it in basketball terms sometimes it works (David Robinson), sometimes it doesn't (Shawn Bradley). But it's more likely that some owner/coach will take a chance on a guy with Rolle's pedigree than one who was all over police blotters before ditching his school after 1 season.
I could not find a DB on my board that I liked better than Walton at round 3. He was just too great of value.

I agree with what you said about Rolle. Good player, great character. But I think people are overrating his talent. I had him as a 3rd/4th rounder at the end of last year, and taking a year off is a killer. He made the right decision though.

A UDFA I would target is Minnesota's ILB Lee Campbell, especially if Angerer is not drafted. Dude is just a badass.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote