View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010   #2
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66740 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rmartin65's January Mock

Agree with most of your picks, although I would probably target a DB rather than 3 offensive "Day 1" picks.

I'll be really surprised if Rolle falls that far. I know he took a year off and that surely has an effect, but I don't think the Clarett comparison was an accurate one. There are no character issues with Rolle whatsoever -- dude was a Rhodes Scholar for crying out loud. Especially considering his NFL pedigree (which teams usually do seem to factor) he's a "good risk." Teams are usually willing to go a little farther out on a limb for these types of guys. To put it in basketball terms sometimes it works (David Robinson), sometimes it doesn't (Shawn Bradley). But it's more likely that some owner/coach will take a chance on a guy with Rolle's pedigree than one who was all over police blotters before ditching his school after 1 season.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote