View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Beerlovers Early Texans 2010 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I like your thought process and your dilligence. If this was our draft, I would be very happy. However, since its a mock, I had a few disagreements.

1. Spiller or Dixon, not both. I understand the need for a running back, but I don't like the idea of taking both of them. We have Slaton, Foster, and Moats already on the roster. Don't forget Jerimiah Johnson on the IR who should be ready to go. If we draft these two we end up with 6. I think its more prudent to go with 1 drafted RB and 1 undrafted FA. We have more holes on the team.

2. Rolle. I like the player and I like the man. As a person who has pursued education I respect the man that does so as well. However, he is more of a SS type player. And I thought we were set there with Mr. Pollard. Unless Mr. Pollard is not resigned, it seems we are signing Rolle for depth. How about a solid FS in this spot? Nolan last year's 7 was a FS but was injured. Let's draft another one and let them compete with Wilson for the starting spot.

3. Snapper. Way to think outside the box. I like the idea here. I just wonder if we would be better served getting a snapper as an UDFA and using this spot for a monster kick/punt returner?

I really liked all your other picks. The one that stood out to me though was Keaton Kristick. An excellent find and an awesome player I would love to get. I currently have him as a 5th rounder and would love to get him.

Awesome job overall! What separates you from many other online mockers are these awesome finds late in the draft!
Keep up the great work!
that's pretty high praise maybe I should be the one to rep you

The Texans secondary is evolving into something special & Dunta is a big part of that. As a group, they are smart, read coverages well, know their assingments, are physical in run support & eventually going to become playmakers (Int's/forced fumbles) but not without safety help & that is what Rolle does. I don't get hung up on position if this guys a SS or FS what matters is continuity & range of group together on the field. I think he can play up in nickle or last line of defense & this would allow Pollard freedom to get after QB's which you know they're going to get nervous about. The more versatile our DB's are the more unpredictable they become & guys like Manning are going to have a harder time picking them apart, but you have to be smart about it, which should be easy for a Rhodes Scholar.

Already addressed the RB situation, but in my scenero both Moats & Brown are cut. So really its an overnight transformation. Drastic? Yes but much needed & I want Kubiak to be our coach but not with these backs currently on his roster.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote