View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010   #78
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Consider the following. Texans are on the clock in round 1. The following players are on the board, in no order of importance:
Earl Thomas
Dez Bryant
Dan Williams

What do you do? I think this has a reasonable probability of coming to pass (so to speak).
Thats a tough one. First I would give Cinci, Baltimore and Green Bay a call and see if I could get them in a bidding war over Bryant. If that didnt work and I had to choose it would come down to Bryant and Thomas.

Thomas fills a need and is a very good player who would complement Pollard well. On the other hand he is small framed guy that plays physical and could have problems holding up in the very physical world of the NFL.

Bryant is a top ten talent and would be a huge bargain at #20. He would eliminate teams from being able to double AJ and a combination of Johnson, Od and Bryant would be down right scary. On the other hand WR isnt really a need persay. And I would have to consider what the reason a top ten talent fell all the way to #20 and consider the risk.

Either way were getting an instant starter and both would be an upgrade over what we currently have at there positions. Since I couldnt pull off a trade down and I have to choose I have to go with value here and take Bryant. Thats if he passes a thorough screening of course.