View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010   #67
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 86073 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Slaton/Foster/Moats > Wilson/Busing/Russell

FS is a much greater need.

If the FSs we are targeting are gone I would rather see us draft Iupati. If its decided that Iupati is too much of a stretch at our pick then I'd like to see Price. RB's have the shortest careers!! Fix the other problems before using a top pick on a RB.
I disagree in that it is not only a matter of numbers and who may or may not play but the importance of the postion in our schemes. While both FS and RB are important, Kubiac wants to run to set up the pass. He seems to prefer an apprx 60 -40 run/pass play scheme. Keep in mind Foster while looking good, did so in only 3 games. Historically, the safety positions have not seemed of particular focus of Smith/Kubiac. Your comment about RBs having shortest careers means little as focus is primarily only on the season that you are in or facing if the off season.