View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010   #63
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Our D still gave up 4.3 yards YPR this season. Jeff Zgonina might retire, Frank Okam IMO isnt commited to being a football player, so that leaves you Shaun Cody and DelJuan Robinson. So this position might be able to wait until the 2nd or 3rd for some help.
Even if Zgonina doesnt retire - is it realistic for us to expect him to play as well next season as he did this past season ? He is older than dirt .... at some point there has to be a drop off in play.

Quote:
Will Mike Brisiel and Chester Pitts come back strong? Are we going to be stuck with Studdard and Chris White? If so I think that position is in need of some serious help.
Studdard White and Myers isnt gonna get it done. I can see one of the three as a regular starter and thats going to be Myers - I havent heard any news about either injury and Pitts contract is expired - this is a huge questionmark position.

Quote:
I still think FS is the biggest need. Then RB/OG/NT/CB. I might agree more with you If there was a RB worth the #20 overall selection. Spiller, Best, and Dwyer seem more like late first, early 2nd round picks. Now if we are able to trade back a few spots and draft one of those guys in the 25-32 range, then you have my interest.
I think OG is the #1 need at this point since I doubt any attention is given to the C spot. The OL has to be able to get a push in short yardage. With the combination of players we have for those interior spots we dont get that push.

I also place RB much lower in the order behind FS and NT and possibly CB depending upon Dunta.

I agree however that none of these backs seem to be early first round picks - they each have flaws. When I take an RB that early I want an instant impact player with very few flaws.

FA will affect these needs so a lot can change between now and draft day but this is how I see it for the time being. WR could actually move up the need list considerably depending upon Walter ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote