View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010   #62
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
The season is over, they are under contract, they are on the roster smart guy. We also have Quin at CB who played FS in college and could return there if Robinson returns. In fact as far as safety goes We have a legitamate starter in Pollard and Barber played good enough for the defense to finish out pretty well. Dont think Kubes needs to hope alot here.
Then why did you innitially say CURRENT DEPTH CHART? I normally tend to agree with you Mussop, but you thinking Quin is going to FS makes me realize that you are reaching to prove a nonexistent point. Quin is a damn good young cornerback and he is not going anywhere.

Quote:
NT, again we finished pretty well on D and were really coming around against the run with the current linup of DT's. I dont think Kubes has to hope alot here.
Our D still gave up 4.3 yards YPR this season. Jeff Zgonina might retire, Frank Okam IMO isnt commited to being a football player, so that leaves you Shaun Cody and DelJuan Robinson. So this position might be able to wait until the 2nd or 3rd for some help.

Quote:
Og, well I dont see Kubes hoping alot here either, not when we drafted Caldwell in the third round last year and he got alot of playing time and started coming along and good OG's are available at a higher rate than any other position.
Will Mike Brisiel and Chester Pitts come back strong? Are we going to be stuck with Studdard and Chris White? If so I think that position is in need of some serious help.

Quote:
None of those compare to RB a position that takes maximum punishment and has the shortest shelf life of any position where we have one quality player that might not ever return to his previous form and a bunch of trash after him. So you see it doesnt go both ways.
I still think FS is the biggest need. Then RB/OG/NT/CB. I might agree more with you If there was a RB worth the #20 overall selection. Spiller, Best, and Dwyer seem more like late first, early 2nd round picks. Now if we are able to trade back a few spots and draft one of those guys in the 25-32 range, then you have my interest.

Last edited by Blake; 01-22-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote