View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010   #61
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possible 1st round draft picks for the Texans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post

The season is over, they are under contract, they are on the roster smart guy. We also have Quin at CB who played FS in college and could return there if Robinson returns. In fact as far as safety goes We have a legitamate starter in Pollard and Barber played good enough for the defense to finish out pretty well. Dont think Kubes needs to hope alot here.

NT, again we finished pretty well on D and were really coming around against the run with the current linup of DT's. I dont think Kubes has to hope alot here.

Og, well I dont see Kubes hoping alot here either, not when we drafted Caldwell in the third round last year and he got alot of playing time and started coming along and good OG's are available at a higher rate than any other position.

None of those compare to RB a position that takes maximum punishment and has the shortest shelf life of any position where we have one quality player that might not ever return to his previous form and a bunch of trash after him. So you see it doesnt go both ways.
Two thing I have to say about this post -

1) Quin was arguably our 2nd best Corner - Unless the position is significantly upgraded he likely stays there.

2) OG - With Brisiel and Pitts both injured and Pitts contract expired (and the weakness at the C spot) I think overlooking the OG spot is a HUGE mistake. There are only a few players I pass on Mike Iupati for in this draft. Dez Bryant , Joe Haden , C.J. Spiller and Earl Thomas are on that short list - very few if any are likely to be there when the Texans pick.

I Miss Good Schaub.

Last edited by Blake; 01-22-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote