View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010   #36
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I guess it comes down to some people having preferences for a stout defense or a potent offense. In today's NFL it's difficult to have both.

Myself, I'm just a let's get into the playoffs guy, that's why I think we should go ahead and top off our offense because it's real close to being elite. We just have to stop settling for FG tries and put it in the endzone.

Agree that Spiller and Dwyer will likely be gone in the first. Gerhart's going to have to blow up at the combine IMO to get selected in the first and a few teams might find value in him early second. For him it's not going to be his 40 time that places him in the draft, it's likely to be the agility tests. I'm inclined to believe though that he'll likely be there with our second pick.

For where we are picking if Thomas is there that's probably the only defensive player I'd be happy with. I'd be majorly upset with taking a DT even if we traded down a few slots. Looking at next year's schedule it's important to hit the ground running. We're going absolutely need big contributions from our first and second round picks. Can't afford project picks this year.
GS, you & I are not that far apart. I am not advocating a DT in first or any round on my board. I think a LG to replace Studdard, especially if Pitts returns productively and a solid power back like Gerhart "tops off" the O. I have been putting off my most recent mock while working with Beerlover and Rmartin 65 on one. I guess I should post so all will know where I am coming from.