View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010   #29
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Just seems like they ALMOST get to the QB very consistantly.

A step short on so many occasions .... Why ? I havent figured it out.

I think it's because of the simplicity we had to run on defense this year. Trying to implement a new system with new players and starting a rookie at LB and CB, while also starting a SS that wasn't even with the team until week 2 forced Bush to keep things very simple.

Next season, Bush will be able to do with with disguising of coverage, etc... and that will cause the QBs to hold on to the ball too long more often. I think this defense should take a significant jump in year two. Barring significant injury issues, I think we're looking at a top 5 defense!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote