View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
One week ago when I did my first mock also noticed about 20 picks were underclassman. We actually agree on 9 picks while needs in most other cases match up there is a difference in ranking.

He seems to focus on broad needs of teams over specific player profiles who fit teams character & scheme not to mention changing of HC & staffs. Then he pulls a couple shockers out of the hat for kicks I guess.

I feel ahead of him at this point but that could change when he actually does a little more research
Kiper is a needs drafter for the most part. he only goes a team should draft BPA when they a ton of weaknesses or no obvious weaknesses. Some of his best and worst moments are when he reacts to teams not drafting someone he believes is a need.

On the Price pick, it is more probably that Price is not there at 19/20 than anything. Highly productive quick penatrating DT. For what seems to be the style that Texans currently want in the DL, he is a good fit. While we fans have clamored for a really big fat guy, the current administration wants guys that move even if they have some size. Dan williams seems to have that mobilty with decent size, but may run a bit hot and cold. I would be shocked if a Terrance Cody type winds up a Texans as long as Frank Bush is DC.