View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #15
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Rogers finished the season on IR with an ankle or leg injury. Some fans believed the run defense improved after he was out of the rotation.

I believe the Browns gave a 3rd round pick and a DB (Boden ??). There has been some buzz about the Browns looking to trade him. Some of us, myself included, want him moved to DE in the 3-4 line. Rogers is a disruptive upfield bullrusher. His problem though is that his aggressive play takes him out of too many plays. Its like the O-line lets him go where he wants to go then just runs it where he has vacated.

He probably has a good 2-3 yrs left. He could probably be had for the Texans 2nd round pick. IMO, not worth a 2nd rounder. His replacement Rubin, I believe, was a 6th round pick.
A better fit might be Corey Williams 6'4 320. He played DT for Green Bay in their 4-3 and was very successful. The Browns in their typical dumbassery gave a 2nd round pick for him and changed his position to DE in 3-4. He has not been as productive as a DE. He needs to move back to a DT in 4-3. He is younger and would be worth a 2nd round pick. A proven starter that wants to play DT not DE.

Sorry about being a little off thread topic-just wanted to pass on this info.