View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #14
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I've wanted the Texans to try and seek a trade to get Sean Rodgers for years now. Detroit traded him for not that much and Cleveland was rumored to have had him on the block last season. As great as he is, the Browns are far from being any real contender for a long time or at least two seasons and with picks, they could build their team up better that way. I'd love for the Texans to try and make a trade to get Sean Rogers. The guy is a freaking beast at DT and I'd have no problems giving up a 2nd rounder and other picks or a player possibly for him.
Rogers finished the season on IR with an ankle or leg injury. Some fans believed the run defense improved after he was out of the rotation.

I believe the Browns gave a 3rd round pick and a DB (Boden ??). There has been some buzz about the Browns looking to trade him. Some of us, myself included, want him moved to DE in the 3-4 line. Rogers is a disruptive upfield bullrusher. His problem though is that his aggressive play takes him out of too many plays. Its like the O-line lets him go where he wants to go then just runs it where he has vacated.

He probably has a good 2-3 yrs left. He could probably be had for the Texans 2nd round pick. IMO, not worth a 2nd rounder. His replacement Rubin, I believe, was a 6th round pick.