View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mel Kiper Mock is on Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I'd call Jerry Jones and ask if he wants to swap and get FS Mays before Green Bay. We get a 3rd and I select RB Gerhart who will not be there in 2nd round. Asamoah in 2nd for my LG 3A Kyle Wilson CB or Jerome Murphy CB 3B Chad Jones FS LSU or Akwasi Owusu-Ansah FS/CB 4th Baylor center Walton
Would be extremely disappointed if we took a DT in the first this year. Will Price be effective from the first snap he takes? Really hard to tell with DTs.

I think it's a high risk pick and we're in a position next year where we are facing a brutal schedule on paper and we're going to need someone to make a hands down immediate impact with our first rounder.

I like the trade idea proposal here. Except I feel unless Gerhart blows it up in the combine and pro day he'll be there in the second when our next pick comes up. I however, feel like Iupati wouldn't be there so he'd be my first round pick. Set him at one of the guards, get a push for our OL, we'd have a strong backfield of Slaton, Gerhart and Foster. Who knows maybe Jeremiah Johnson will be back healthy and make a case for himself at the third spot.

I'd throw money at Casey Hampton in FA and/or just look for a big body later in the draft. If only this staff could figure out how to get a fire under Okam.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote